Change Direction Youth Mentor Positions
Part-Time to Full-Time (from 22.5 to 37.5 hours/week).
Salary £25,350 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: 5pm Wednesday 22nd June 2022
Interviews will take place the week commencing 27th June 2022
North Yorkshire Youth is the modern face of a youth association dating back to 1941, and today our mission remains that of our founders – to provide learning and personal development opportunities for children and young people.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals to take a leading role on a new criminal justice diversionary support scheme which aims to prevent first time offending and reduce instances of reoffending for young people in York and North Yorkshire
Funded by NHS until March 2024 the purpose of this work is to:
- To build self-esteem and self confidence in young people
- To encourage aspirations and recognise personal strengths and abilities
- To facilitate young people’s learning and their personal and social development
- To respond to individual and group needs and introduce healthy coping mechanisms for young people
- To encourage a positive group atmosphere where young people can provide peer support
- To build the capacity of young people to consider risk, make reasoned decisions and take control
- To build resilience and maintain progression for young people
- To provide one to one support for ‘key’ young people
- To signpost young people appropriately
- To work closely with parents/carers (where appropriate) to increase positive outcomes for young people
- To work closely with other organisations to increase positive outcomes for young people
- To engage positively with young people
- To offer a bespoke, holistic package of support to address identified needs across criminogenic pathways
- To support young people to identify and respond to their social, recreational, educational, and emotional needs. Work will be carried out in schools, the community and online/virtually.
For further information contact Clare Yates at email@example.com
For an application pack, please visit https://nyy.org.uk/vacancies